Although we are not even halfway thought the month of May I have come up with an idea for my May challenge. I had thought about it earlier in the year but it had fallen by the wayside.
I am cruising along on a the test knitting even though I am multitasking with trying to spin as much fiber as I can get my hands on. With a new kind of stash growing I have decided that for the month of June it is all going to be about working with yarn and fiber that is on the main floor of my house. I think a “Stash busting it Down Downstairs” seem appropriate, Best of all if I make a dent it will make me less self conscious when I have non knitters over to my house.
I suppose I should explain how I even have a stash of fiber downstairs. It started that it would be a holding area for projects that would be next up……(Yeah I suppose that is still partially true) but it has kind of bloomed in to something else entirely.
So for the remaining month of May and June I am going to do my best to work thought as many skeins, partials, and, batts and braids as possible. As always I am going to make it a game and see how many skeins I can work through. There is a rough outline of what I can accomplish in this month and a half in my mind so it will be interesting if this a struggle or a sprint:
- Finish test knitting
- Finish the One Big Granny Square Blanket by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas
- Cedar Grove Shawl by Judy Marples
- See how far the 1 skein of yarn gets me on Veera V. sweater
- Maybe cast on a some stuff I have already swatched
- If desperate make another hat
- If I really want to dig the bottom of the barrel pick up my Funky Grandpa by Rillie and figure out “why my stitch count went cuckoo for Cocopuffs”