Its been a longtime coming that I have wanted to blog about the things and fiber arts in my life. As the calendar moves from 2014 to 2015 it seems as good a time as any to start blogging about my adventures in the knitting world.
I should start with a little introduction and what are my expectations for this blog. A knitter since 2010 I have gone down the rabbit hole of knitting. Simply put, “I love to knit. I love yarn.”
I found that with the birth of my daughter the things that could be made with two sticks and some yarn were far from what I remembered when I thought of my mother’s knitting and that of the older generation.
So I guess I should probably explain the reason behind the name “Squirrel! & Stash.” I tend to get really distracted when it comes to knitting; whether it is a new yarn or a pattern I tend to rubberneck when I see something new and shiny in the realm of knitting. If you really don’t believe me please see the snapshots I took today when I visited Tolt Yarn & Wool in Carnation, Washington. My goal for 2015 is to post at least once a month, well that and become more of a sweater knitter( Goal is 4 sweaters with a stretch goal of 8). I hope you enjoy my adventures in knitting as much as I enjoy posting them.
- 4 skeins of Quince & Co. Owl
- 1 skein Snoqualmie Valley Yarn
- 3 skeins of Heirloom Romney
- Copies of Lullaby Knits and Madder Anthology 1
- 2 Tolt AnniversaryMugs
- Fiber Trends Slipper Bottoms
- Tolt Hearth Slipper pattern by Dianna Walla
- Tolt Anniversary Project Bag
- 2 Horn Shawl Pins
- Printed Beach Tote
- Tolt Tapestry Needles in Wood Case
- 4 Horn Toggle Buttons
Work In Process:
- Acorn Trail Customfit by Amy Herzog
- Ashby by Leila Raabe
- Sunshine Day Baby Afghan by Alicia Paulson